Soul Sanctuary will be hosting its 9th annual golf tournament on Sunday, August 25, 2013 at Bridges Golf Course. The Soul Sanctuary Golf Tournament was established to raise funds and open doors of opportunity by providing funding for shelter and education to less fortunate children on the island of Java, Indonesia. Soul Sanctuary accomplishes these objectives by working together with our partner, All Hands Held Fund (AHHF), which was established solely to fulfill the above-mentioned goals.
AHHF was established in memory of two amazing young women who lost their lives in a flash flood (January 22, 2003) on the island of Java, Indonesia. They were each volunteering for a one year period to work with and help the children of Indonesia. Their names were Alana Fife and Hannah Showaker, and their example of selflessness and commitment to those children is the standard by which we measure our success. AHHF is a collaboration of many people's efforts, and has partnered with Soul Sanctuary from the time the church was established.
The AHHF has grown in each of its nine years of existence by building on small successes and having a strong and committed foundation of people (100% volunteers).
AHHF Indonesia has several well-established programs, which are described as follows:
- The Satya Wacana University Scholarship program. The goal of this program is to provide scholarships to deserving students. Currently, there are five young adults enrolled who all will be graduating in the Spring of 2014.
- The Hannah Showaker Memorial Bursary Program. This program currently provides for two bursaries (at Satya Wacana University) of $1000 USD per year and is awarded to gifted students who are unable to continue their education due to the lack of financial resources.
- The Wisma Kasih (orphanage/boarding house) Humanitarian Program. AHHF is concerned with helping to improve the welfare and wellness of the kids who call the orphanage/boarding house their home. By providing subsidies for retreats, Christmas gifts, sporting activities, musical instruments, and simple kitchen aids, AHHF attempts to make life for the kids as normal as possible.
- In 2012, a video lab was opened at the Widya Wacana Solo Elementary School where AHHF previously funded the development of an English computer lab. The purpose of this video lab is to educate children with new skills and empower them with the multimedia technology that is rapidly becoming the mainstream form of communication in Indonesia.
We are asking businesses and individuals to get involved in any or all of the following ways:
1. Sponsor a hole (all hole sponsorships will be issued a tax receipt).
- Silver - $100 Multi sponsors
- Gold - $300 Shared sponsors
- Platinum - $500 Exclusive sponsor (1 complimentary entry for golf and dinner is included at this level.)
2. Contribute a merchandise prize for the tournament/silent auction. All donations will be acknowledged at the dinner. Upon request, a tax receipt will be available for the value of any prize donated.
3. Enter as a foursome/couple/single and join us for a relaxing, fun and enjoyable day to show your support. Entry fees are $125 per person, which includes a charitable donation receipt (exact amount to be determined).
4. If golf is not your game, join us for a dinner/silent auction option for $65 per person.
Please register online at bit.ly/SoulGolf2013.
Further inquiries can be made by contacting the tournament organizers at email@example.com. More information can also be found at the Soul Sanctuary Golf Tournament website at http://soulgolf.pbwiki.com
YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!