The Soul Sanctuary Internship is not being offered in 2014-2015. Stay tuned for news about next year!
BEFORE YOU BEGIN
Please note that this is a lengthy document and that it will take you approximately 30 minutes to complete. You must be ready to provide personal information, detailed answers to questions concerning your faith, your ministry stream preferences, and three references (name, phone, email). Before your application is complete, you must fulfill both "Part 1: Application Form" and "Part 2: Background Check and Further Authorization." If you have any questions during the application process, please contact us.
Part 1: Application Form
Part 2: Background Check and Further Authorization
In order to provide a safe environment for Soul Sanctuary’s children and youth, we believe it is necessary to ask the following questions as part of our application process. All information will be kept in confidence by Soul Sanctuary and will not be disclosed unless required by law. Answering “yes” to any of the following questions may not necessarily prevent you from interning at Soul Sanctuary.
Please read the following questions and be prepared to answer them in an interview. If your answer is "yes" to any of the questions, please indicate so in the space below and provide any explanation or additional information you would like to share with the Soul Sanctuary staff who are reviewing your application.
1. Are there any circumstances involving your lifestyle or history that could call into question your ability to work safely with children or youth in a Christian environment? (e.g. use of illegal substances, addictions of any kind, etc.)
2. Have you ever been convicted or found guilty of a criminal offence for which a pardon has not been granted? (Note: This does not include minor traffic violations.) If yes, please be prepared to provide more information during your interview.
3. Have you ever been expelled from or had your employment terminated by any organisation or employer for assault or violence against any person, or for impropriety with children, youth, or vulnerable persons?
4. Have you ever been investigated by Child and Family Services or any other organisation for suspected child abuse?
5. Have you ever been a defendant or respondent in a civil lawsuit or human rights complaint or other legal proceeding in which you were alleged to have abused or engaged in violence, harassment, or other immoral behaviour or illegal conduct involving children, youth, or vulnerable persons?
6. Do you have any health concerns that could impact your ability to perform the functions of the internship position for which you are applying? (Such concerns may not necessarily prevent you from participating in the internship.)
7. Do you have any contagious diseases or conditions that would require us to implement measures to prevent their transmission should you intern at Soul Sanctuary?
I hereby acknowledge that, to the best of my knowledge, the information contained in this Soul Sanctuary Internship Application is true and correct. I give Soul Sanctuary consent to verify the information provided by me in this Soul Sanctuary Internship Application and to contact the references, churches, and organizations above and to obtain and verify any information from them (and any other persons that Soul Sanctuary determines might be able to provide relevant information) that may be relevant to my application.
I grant my permission for Soul Sanctuary to perform a Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Registry Check on me, and I will sign and return any documentation required for such purpose. I further grant Soul Sanctuary to search the internet for information about me and to review and consider any information Soul Sanctuary deems relevant to my application. If Soul Sanctuary approves my application for internship, I will cooperate fully with the staff of Soul Sanctuary in the signing of relevant documents and the fulfillment of my duties and will keep all confidential information that I encounter in my role as an intern, confidential.
I understand that if Soul Sanctuary approves my application and later determines at any time, at its discretion, that I am not suitable for internship at Soul Sanctuary, Soul Sanctuary may terminate my internship for any reason without advance notice. If at any time I determine that for any reason I am unable to support or adhere to or follow the policies, procedures, or doctrine of the church, I will inform Soul Sanctuary and resign from my internship.